Objective 2: Service planning and design
Whāinga 2: Te whakamahere ratonga me te whakaahua
This draft objective is about how we plan and design public transport networks and services to meet current and future customer demand. Policies that support this objective include:
- Service planning principles to guide the planning and designing of public transport networks and services
- Service classifications to be applied to all services in the Bay of Plenty public transport network
- Our minimum patronage expectations for different types of bus services
- Exploring the potential of community-based services, particularly in rural communities
- Considering On Demand Public Transport as a service offering
- Supporting the ongoing operation of the Total Mobility Scheme
- Ensuring the sustainable provision of school bus services
- Assessing the viability of ferry services
Easy to use public transport that is accessible to existing and potential customers.
- 70% of dwellings in Tauranga and Rotorua urban areas are within 500m of frequent public transport services by 2030.
- 80% of residential dwellings in the region are within 500m of a public transport service by 2030.