Objective 3: Service and infrastructure delivery
Whāinga 3: Te tukunga o te ratonga me te tūāhanga
This draft objective area covers how we deliver public transport services and infrastructure. Policies that support this objective include:
- Identifying contracting units for public transport services
- Identifying the services that are integral to the public transport network
- Supporting infrastructure quality through timely investment and application of best practice standards
- Being responsive to public transport innovations and technological improvements
- Improving service quality through partnerships with operators
- Seeking continuous improvement in the reliability and punctuality of public transport services
- Ensuring vehicle quality standards are met
- Adopting a flexible approach to public transport vehicle sizes and weights
- Improving procurement value for money and efficiency outcomes
- Defining our approach to exempt services
Public transport services and infrastructure combine to deliver a safe, reliable, punctual and high quality customer experience while providing value for money.
- Reliability – <0.5% of total scheduled trips are missed annually.
- Punctuality – >95% of services operate within 5 minutes of schedule annually.
- Utilisation – 75% of services consistently meet the minimum patronage expectations in Policy 2.3