Bayfair – Mt Maunganui - CBD - Ohauiti (5)
Routes 30, 30x and 33 become route 2 with two variations: 2W Wairakei Ave & 2B The Boulevard.
Route 2 will also replace the CBD to Bayfair section of City Link and Hospital Link.
At a glance
- No transfers required between Pāpāmoa and the CBD
- 15 minute frequency in both directions between the CBD, Bayfair and Pāpāmoa Plaza, and continuing to
- 30 minute frequency in both directions between the Pāpāmoa Plaza and Pāpāmoa East (alternating 2W and 2B)
- Fewer vehicles parked and idling around Bayfair
- No express service - however the total trip length will be very similar to the current 30x and all trips will continue to the CBD
- Regular departures from the CBD up to 9:10pm.
What are we consulting on?
We have an option for each of the eastern ends of Route 2. At each of the two ends we will either keep the current route or make a change. See below for details.
Please look at the consultation document for the proposed timetables for this route.
Willow Street (Stand A), Harington Street, Dive Crescent, Hewletts Road, Golf Road, Links Avenue, Concord Avenue, Farm Street (Bayfair - Streetand B), Taupo Avenue, Merlin Street, Girven Road, Grenada Street, Evans Road, Gravatt Road, Domain Road, Doncaster Road, Tara Road, Te Okuroa Drive, Livingstone Drive, The Boulevard to Palm Springs Blvd and u-turn, The Boulevard Cnr Forstera Way.
Willow Street (Stand A), Harington Street, Dive Crescent, Hewletts Road, Golf Road, Links Avenue, Concord Avenue, Bayfair - Streetand A2, Farm Street, Concord Avenue, Maunganui Road, Girven Road, Grenada Street, Evans Road, Gravatt Road, Domain Road, Dickson Road, Parton Road, Pāpāmoa Beach Road, Golden Sands Drive.