The current Route 5 is being replaced by trips on Route 1 and 21.
The new Route 5 replaces current Route 55.
At a glance
- Links Ohauiti with 15th Avenue, Tauranga Hospital and Greerton.
- Passengers from Ohauiti wishing to get to the CBD would transfer to Service 4 on Hairini St or 15th Ave.
- 15 minute frequency in both directions during peak hours.
- 30 minute frequency during the day.
What we are consulting on
We are proposing that Route 5 links with Route 4 so that passengers can travel from Ohauiti or Welcome Bay to either end of Cameron Road. Route 5 would turn left from 15th Avenue onto Cameron Road, travelling past Tauranga Hospital to Greerton. Route 4 would continue to turn right from 15th Avenue onto Cameron Road, travelling to the CBD.
- Option 1: Route goes to Greerton.
- Option 2: Route goes to Tauranga City.
- Option 3: No preference.