Kickstart your sustainability and resilience project
At the Bay of Plenty Regional Council, our work guides and supports the region's sustainable development. This is focused around four outcomes we're working towards for the community; a healthy environment, freshwater for life, safe and resilient communities, and a vibrant region.
This fund helps support the work we do, and we invite all schools, kura, kohanga, kindergartens, early childhood education centres and other education organisations across our rohe to design and plan a sustainability and resilience project.
Pitch your ideas to us which will then be put to the public to vote. The ideas that win the most votes will be funded (Subject to conditions).
- Design and decide your project.
- Complete and submit the application form provided.
- The fun part! Involve your community in the voting process. This fund will have multiple winners and voting is a fun way to support your project and other projects across the region.
- Second chance voting round by the Youth Panel.
- The people have spoken! The winners will be announced.
All schools, kura, kohanga, kindergartens, early childhood education centres and other education organisations across our rohe are eligibile to apply to this fund.
Projects must contribute to one or more of the following categories:
- Raising awareness of and understanding natural hazards and/or climate change risks.
- Improving long-term resilience and sustainability.
- Reducing greenhouse gas emissions.
Applicants can apply for $1,000 - $5,000 in funding (excl. GST)
Complete the application provided and send via email to SSRfund@boprc.govt.nz.
Applications from the 2022 funding round can reapply.
School Sustainability and Resilience Fund - previous projects
Visit our Project ideas to help get started or share your ideas with your others!